22 November 2013

Flute is dedicated!

Whelping boxes must be cleaned frequently. When I do this, I put all the pups in a plastic bin with fleece blanket or towels.
I love the way their beautiful coats look in natural light.

You can really see the variations in Pepper & Salt coloration here.



Not a very big bin ...
 
Imagine my surprise one evening when I turned around and found Flute climbing in the bin to be with her pups! The photos below are from when pups were just a couple days old.
 
"What you lookin' at?," asks Flute.

"Of course we all fit nicely in here," asserts Flute.
 
"What does it matter where we are? We are nursing!," say the happy pups.
Flute continues to climb in the box and nurse her pups even though they are larger and nearly 2 weeks old now and the box is no bigger!

"We've really grown," say the chubby pups.

"I ask you again, what you lookin' at?," queries Flute.
That's some serious dedication, Flute!

1 comment: